Fitness Recap: Dedicate, 30 Days of Yoga with Adriene

Today, I'm here to check in and recap on my first finished fitness goal of 2019: completing Yoga with Adriene's Dedicate, that 30 Day Yoga Journey your friends have been posting about on Instagram.

I first discovered Adriene's YouTube channel while in college and fell instantly in love with her laid back teaching style. For me, it's the perfect blend of taking the practice seriously while also infusing it with a sense of humor. I was there for the OG YouTube journey, 30 Days of Yoga, back in 2014. That means FIVE YEARS of starting my January off this way!

This year has been especially weird and wonderful seeing how much Yoga with Adriene has grown since I first joined the community. Where once, I was basically talking at myself about this online yoga thing, now it seems everywhere I turn people are posting about Dedicate.

It's heartwarming to see Adriene garner this success and take on new projects. In that unique internet way, it feels like I've known her for years, and I'm honestly a little proud. Is that weird?

The bonus of so many people following along is that it's easier than ever to feel connected and gain a sense of community during the journey. Posting to Instagram with the hashtag brings new friends to grow and flow with throughout the 30 days.

This year, like every year, I finished day 30 feeling emotional, thankful, peaceful, and strong. When I was telling my boyfriend how great I feel during these 30 days, he asked "So why don't you just keep doing yoga every day?"

My yoga space is not that glamorous--mat shoved into a corner. #apartmentlife

I don't have a good answer. Like my previous flirtations with running, the idea of doing yoga every day is just one of those "Oh, I can say I'll do it, but I know I won't" kind of things. And really, every day is a bit much--sometimes, you just gotta take a day off.

Still, going into the year, I'm going to keep the streak going. With the help of the YWA monthly calendars, as well as some studio classes, I'm going to try to do yoga almost every day this year.

As Adriene says, a little goes a long way. When I spend more time on the mat, I'm more present, calm, and able to be my best self off the mat.

Namaste, my friends. For those who did Dedicate or who are still doing Dedicate, thanks for being on this ride with me. See you next January!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great British Blog Off: St. Clement's Orange and Lemon Drizzle Cake

The Great British Blog Off: Triple Ginger Cake

Great British Blog Off: Jaffa Cakes